HaemoCer™ PLUS Absorbable Polysaccharide Haemostat (APH) is a proprietary patent pending technology created via BioCers Polysacchidaride Ultra-hydrophilic Resorbable Engineering (PURE) process.
HaemoCer™ PLUS APH incorporates a sophisticated, plant-based polymer crosslinking that creates ultra-hydrophilic, biocompatible particles. Upon contact with blood HaemoCer™ PLUS enhances the natural clotting cascade by rapidly dehydrating the blood and accelerating the concentration of platelets, red blood cells and coagulation proteins at the bleeding site. HaemoCer™ PLUS also on blood interaction rapidly produces a gelled matrix that adheres to and forms a mechanical barrier with the bleeding tissue.
- Plant based
- Contains no animal or human components
- Normally complete resorption
- Rapid resorption minimizes risks of foreign body reaction and granuloma formation
- Reduction of homologous transfusions and blood donations
- Support and product training
- Double enhanced absorption capacity
- Compact packaging reducing storage volume
- Rapid off-the-shelf deployment, no special storage or defrosting needed